> for the full message.
>

> From: Martin Durst
> -----(Edited) Original Message-----
>
> Jeremy:
> >
> >I wanted to express some urgency on the request concerning IRIs and NFC.

> >It would be very helpful to RDFCore if we can have a simple yes/no to the
> >question "Should RDF restrict its use of IRIs to NFC?", ideally before our
> >telecon tomorrow (approx 21 hours from now).

> I think making no mention for NFC in IRIs is better, because otherwise
> you may get into conflicts with the IRI spec if it is tweaked. (I don't
> expect any big changes regarding NFC in IRIs, but tweaks might happen.)
>
> On the question of NFC for RDF overall, as you personally know, we have
> backed up a bit from the position that everybody MUST check and reject.
> Check and reject for NFC is now just a SHOULD.

Great, that sounds good i.e. we will be compatible (by weakening our
NFC MUST to a SHOULD) but not directly based on the still-changing
IRI work.

Apart from wordings, lThat means any of our test cases that
previously tested the MUST need to be removed and made optional.
That will need a new type of test.

> What is definitely still true, in all cases, is that 'applications'
> (such as RDF) MUST NOT normalize stuff themselves.

OK.  I think that is already record.

Dave