Re: help wanted: RDF issue rdfms-assertion

Yes, but the difference is that in "normal" parlance terms are defined
by communities of practice.  (One can argue about what the community
uses a term to mean, or about what community the term was used with
respect to, but there's no one definitive source for THE MEANING of the
term other than the community.)  In contrast, you have suggested that
authority to define the meaning of an RDF predicate IN FACT vests with
the owner of the URL.