RE: Dublin Core, the Primer and the Model Theory

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 04:57, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[...]
> It is clear that
>
> <eg:doc1.html> <dc:creator> "John Smith" .
>
> is  a less precise model than
>
> <eg:doc1.html> <dc:creator> _:x .
> _:x <eg:name> "John Smith" .
>
> What is not clear is that the more precise model is a *better* model.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon thinking this over and chatting
with a few folks. I'm convinced it is a better model.

I'm no longer interested in re-opening the issues.

> I see simpledatatype2 as given a formal and precise account of how the overloading in DC works

I see it as a horrible kludge/mess. I thought I could see a way to
implement it, but it didn't stand up under scruitiny.

As much as convincing DC folks to go back and separate
creatorName from creator looks like pushing water
up hill, I prefer that to kludging the RDF core treatment
of literals.