Re: Dublin Core, the Primer and the Model Theory

At 10:32 AM 5/16/02 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>I believe that the sheer quantity of these examples in the
>primer indicates that this a substantial issue: that RDF, as
>deployed, particularly in Dublin Core, does not conform with
>the model theoretic changes agreed on the 22nd of February [2].

With emphasis on "sheer quantity", I think this is a compelling argument,
which is not limited to Dublin Core.  (Though I do think that "does not
conform" is a slight overstatement, I do think this indicates a real problem.)

Similar issues arise in at least two other RDF vocabularies that I can think of
- CC/PP device capabilities and user preferences:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-struct-vocab/
- Photo labelling schema: http://www.w3.org/TR/photo-rdf/ (in particular,
section 5.2)

#g