Re: Minutes for RDFCore WG Telecon 2002-04-26

At 07:36 PM 5/2/02 +0100, you wrote:
>At 20:48 26/04/2002 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
>[...]
>
>>Discussion about whether URI should be %-escaped to US-ASCII, of left as
>>Unicode in Normal Form C (NFC).  No overwhelming opinion, but in absence
>>of adequate guidance from I18N and other standards, we need to make a decision.
>
>This is not my recollection.  Did we agree there was inadequate guidance
>from the i18n folks?  I thought we got clear guidance from them in
>Cannes.  The issue was whether we were going to accept it or not.

That's maybe poorly phrased -- the issue, I think, was the lack of guidance
in the form of a formal, stable specification (and that the informal advice
seems to be changing over time).  But I defer to those more intimately
involved with charmod for an accurate assessment.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>