Re: Review new document [was: Minutes telecon 26th July 2002]

At 04:17 PM 7/27/02 +0200, Jos De_Roo wrote:

>[...]
>
> > ACTION jos Review new document, particularly section 2.3.
>
>1/ what I've been missing are
>      rdf:List
>      rdf:first
>      rdf:rest
>      rdf:nil
>    (resulting from rdf:parseType="Collection")
>    and all WD's should be upgraded for that

Thanks:  the vocabulary list is being replaced with a reference to the
syntax document.

>2/ 2.3 Meaning of RDF documents
>    I can't do better than Pat's comments made some time ago
>    [[[
>       Would you agree that 'received meaning' can be
>       characterized as the social meaning of any logical
>       consequences? That gives a clean characterization
>       which I think is what Tim is getting at. If you
>       publish a graph G and G entails G', and we interpret
>       G' using the same social conventions that everyone
>       agrees could be reasonably used to interpret G, then
>       you are asserting that content of G' as well.
>       Tim wants to prevent human publishers of RDF content
>       from wriggling out of their mechanically-inferred
>       social obligations; I want to be clear that the
>       machines doing the inference aren't expected to know
>       what all this human stuff is about.
>    ]]]
>    which I agree with

I agree too, and that's the general intent I'm trying to capture.  But the
words as above aren't really appropriate for inclusion in a document (e.g.
references to what "Tim wants", etc.).

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>