Re: Occam-slashed datatypes

Pat,

I must agree with PatrickS that your newest draft has very little to do
with the S proposal - so little that I wonder where all our convergence
effort is gone ;(

Somehow we are back to untidy literals with context-dependent
interpretation after several rounds of violent agreement on the opposite.
I hope there is just some kind of misunderstanding.

I guess the bummer happened on the way to making S-B an "endorsed"
datatyping idiom. Why can't we just proceed with purely syntactic classes
as DanC and Graham suggested?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make tomorrow's telecon. However, I'd
like to raise a red flag and ask to rollback to the most recent proposal
that assumed tidy literals.

To Brian: in case of a (straw) poll on datatyping please count my vote as
"No" if the proposal assumes untidy literals. On other datatyping issues
just count DanC's vote twice...

Sergey