Re: xml:lang [was Re: Outstanding Issues ]

It may be worthwhile in this connection to mention that this issue may
have wider ramifications.  The current draft W3C Ontology Requirements
discuss RDF Support for their various design goals (under the
presumption that RDF is going to be the foundation for Web ontology
languages.) Under "3.8 Internationalization", they discuss RDF Support
for internationalization by saying:

"To the extent that XML supports internationalization, so does RDF. The
RDF Spec states that the xml:lang attribute can be used to support the
internationalization of labels, but does not accomodate it in the data
model."

The requirements are at http://km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/owl/

--Frank