Re: xml:lang [was Re: Outstanding Issues ]

On 2002-02-12 11:48, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> However, I do not consider, "because
> Patrick says so" to be a good reason.

Tut, tut, Brian. Never expected you to.

>> Then we need to modify the representation of literal nodes
>> in the RDF graph to in fact be a pairing of string along
>> with (possibly unspecified) language.
>
> That would be an implication of not changing from m&s's current position.

Clearly.

But then, this would need to be reflected in the MT, and pretty
much everywhere that literals are mentioned, and we should adopt
some representation other than strings to denote literals in
various graph and triples notations.

At present, language is invisible (and thus IMO nonexistent) in
the RDF graph.

If literals are pairings of string and language, then let's
represent them that way everywhere.