Re: summary of reification?

At 06:09 PM 2/6/02 -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
>OK. But let me ask: suppose there were two groups, and one said it was a
>statement and the other said it was a stating. Are there any entailment
>tests (or some other kind of behavioral test??) where they would disagree
>about what the right answer was?

Yes, I think, Brian said it (based on a question by DanBri)...

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Feb/0038.html

I.e.

Does:
   <stmt1> <rdf:type>      <rdf:Statement> .
   <stmt1> <rdf:subject>   <subject> .
   <stmt1> <rdf:predicate> <predicate> .
   <stmt1> <rdf:object>    <object> .

   <stmt2> <rdf:type>      <rdf:Statement> .
   <stmt2> <rdf:subject>   <subject> .
   <stmt2> <rdf:predicate> <predicate> .
   <stmt2> <rdf:object>    <object> .

   <stmt1> <property>      <foo> .

entail:
   <stmt2> <property>      <foo> .

?

Because, I think, if the entailment follows then <stmt1> and <stmt2> cannot
denote something that is distinguishable in terms of what can be said about
it using RDF.

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>