Re: Datatyping Summary V4

On 2002-02-04 17:24, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> At 16:10 04/02/2002 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> does not entail:
>>>
>>>  <foo> <eg:size> _:s .
>>>  <bar> <eg:size> _:s .
>>
>> Firstly, I presume you meant
>>
>>   <foo> <eg:size> _:s2 .
>>   <bar> <eg:size> _:s1 .
>
> Nope.

Then I have no idea what you are talking about ;-)

What is the relation between two separate bnodes
with properties to some entirely other bnode?

> [...]
>
>> But even with the S-A idiom, if we have
>>
>>    <foo>      <eg:size>   _:s1 .
>>    _:s1       <xsd:double-de>  "10,5" .
>>
>>    <bar>      <eg:size>   _:s2 .
>>    _:s2       <xsd:double>  "10.5" .
>>
>> this also does not entail
>>
>>    <foo> <eg:size> _:s2 .
>>    <bar> <eg:size> _:s1 .
>

> It is my understanding that it does, and also:

If it does, then, per my earlier posting, something
is not quite right...

This seems to suggest that we could just merge all
bNodes into a single bNode and infer what we like
about all of the combined properties of the single
remaining bNode.

You have two different resources <foo> and <bar>
that have two different values, one is a member
of the value space of xsd:double and the other
is a member of the value space of xsd:double-de.
Where is the knowledge that these two value
spaces intersect, and that the member of one is
the corresponding member of the other?

You seem to be doing some magic based on implicit
human knowledge about the relationship between
xsd:decimal and xsd:decimal-de (presuming there is
one).

Eh?