Re: Can't access test case manifest, test case comments

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Graham Klyne wrote:

> At 02:13 PM 12/13/02 +0000, Jan Grant wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Graham Klyne wrote:
> >

> > > I was trying to check a test case to confirm something in
> > > Concepts/Semantics docs, and found that:
> > >
> > >    http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/Manifest.rdf
> > >
> > > returned an HTTP 403/Forbidden error page.
> > >
> > > Also:
> > >
> > > re: http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/test003.rdf
> > > The comment is misleading - there is no xml:lang - though the test is OK, I
> > > think.
> > >
> > > Do we have any entailment tests dealing with language-tagged plain
> > literals?
> > >
> > > E.g.
> > >
> > > 1.
> > >
> > >      ex:subject ex:prop "chat" .
> > > ?entails?
> > >      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@fr .
> > >
> > > 2.
> > >
> > >      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@en .
> > > ?entails?
> > >      ex:subject ex:prop "chat" .
> > >
> > > 3.
> > >
> > >      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@en .
> > > ?entails?
> > >      ex:subject ex:prop "chat"@fr .
> > >
> > > I think the answer is no in each case, and that would be in agreement with
> > > my readiong of the docs.
> > > Should these be negative entailment test cases?
> >
> >For historical reasons (they were done at the same time as the related
> >DT entailments involving language), see:
> >
> >http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/Manifest.rdf#language-important-for-non-dt-entailment-1
>
> Thanks...
>
> Er, those test cases seem to deal with datatyped literals.  My question was
> with respect to plain literals.

Agreed. Three pending (negative) entailment tests added, see

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/Manifest.rdf

in particular, the negative entailment tests, #test007a, #test007b,
#test007c

Ever see something and think, "I've gotta leverage me some of that?"
Odds are, you were looking at a synergy and didn't even know it.