Re: pruning the semantics document

At 10:59 AM 12/9/02 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>>I don't know what's in section 3 of the semantics document.
>
>Sorry. In any case I mis-cited it, I should have said section 3.2. It
>contains the 'informal' description of the parts that have no formal
>semantics, notably reification, containers and collections:
>
>http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/RDF_Semantics_finalCall.html#ReifAndCont

I think there's some important descriptive material in there that should be
in a normative document.

>(3.2.4 in there is going to get re-written this evening to reflect the
>change suggested in my earlier message.)
>
>The corresponding parts of Frank's primer are
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-primer-20021124/#othercapabilities

Er, I'm getting a "404" on that.   I think this is a version of what you
mean...

http://www.w3.org/2001/09/rdfprimer/rdf-primer-20021124.html#othercapabilities

I'm not seeing the degree of overlap you seem to suggest.  Although they
cover similar topics, I think your text focuses on the interactions (or
non-interactions) with formal semantics, while Frank's focuses more on how
to use the vocabularies.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>