Re: What the #@&*$(!@ is going on here?! (was RE: N-Triples for proposed xsi:type [was Re: xsi:type test case ]

Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

snip

> The WG reached IMO full concensus on a local/explicit datatyping
> idiom, as well as its associated semantics. Why then are we now
> considering another local idiom -- especially one which requires
> changes to the graph syntax and essentially duplicates the
> globally unambiguous and tidy nature of URIs?!

I can only speak for myself, but one of the things going on here from my
perspective is that it's not 100% clear to me what we've agreed on now.
  You've made the above point about our having reached full concensus in
several recent messages.  I don't necessarily disagree with this, but
these lengthy back-and-forths about various pieces of this "concensus"
are not clarifying things for me.  Is there a *single* description of
what we've supposedly agreed on that you could point me to (*not* the
statement in the minutes of the F2F).  I'm talking about something like
a single description of the whole datatyping idiom you've referred to;
e.g., if it was one of the options in the message Brian sent to
rdf-comment, you can point to that);  and I'm not talking about a
lengthy justification of that idiom either, just a description of what
it is.

--Frank