Re: DATATYPES: mental dump.

At 12:29 PM 11/13/01 -0500, Frank Manola wrote:
> > My reading of what Peter/Dan have been saying is that XML schema datatypes
> > should be primus inter pares for data types in RDF, not somehow embedded in
> > the core of RDF.  (Which I think is fine.)
>
>As long as a classical education isn't going to be required in order to
>read our specifications  :-)

:-)

Sorry, I just felt that phrase was more expressive in this context and
didn't stop to think that it probably doesn't carry so well into an
international environment.  From my Oxford English dictionary:

primus inter pares, n.
a first among equals; the senior or representative member of a group.
[Latin]

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>