> Dan Connolly wrote:
> [...]
>

> >       <rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
> >         <shoeSize>
> >             <integer decimalRep="10"/>
> >         </shoeSize>
> >         </rdf:Description>
> >
> > To fill in the details... let dt:
> > be the namespace of XML Schema primitive datatypes,
> > and let rdfs:str be a new property
> > that relates XML Schema datatype to strings;
> > it's unambiguous over each of the primitive datatypes;
> > in the case of dt:string, it's the identity relation.
> >
> >       <rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
> >         <shoeSize>
> >             <dt:decimal rdfs:str="10"/>
> >         </shoeSize>
> >         </rdf:Description>
>
> This isn't the same as above is it?

Er... clearly not... several of the characters are different.
I don't think I know what question you mean to ask.
I hope it doesn't really matter...

>  In your first example I could have extended
> it to read:
>
>         <rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
>           <shoeSize>
>               <integer decimalRep="10" hexadecimalrep="A"/>
>           </shoeSize>
>           </rdf:Description>
>
> I don't seem to be able to do that with your second example.

Indeed... the first example is sort of design in the abstract,
and the second one is an attempt to
"build upon XML Schema datatypes to the fullest
extent that is practical and appropriate."

>  Are there
> advantages to that which you have written over:
>
>         <rdf:Description rdf:about="#me">
>           <shoeSize dt:decimal="10"/>
>          </rdf:Description>

er... is that RDF/xml syntax? can propElts take propAttrs?
indeed... from the RDF validator, I see it works like...

  _:x <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#decimal> "10".
  <#me> <http://example/vocab#shoeSize> _:x.

nifty.

Yes, that's quite nice: regard dt:decimal as a relationship
between its value space and its lexical space. I like it.

> or if you want the type property explicit,

no, no need.