Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

Brian McBride wrote:

> And thinking in terms of XML schema/infoset, the key thing we require is
> that attributes have an associated namespace.  I'm wondering whether that
> is the right level of abstraction to capture the requirement.  Right now
> that means that prefix's must be used.  But if XML were to change so that
> there was another way to express namespaces for attributes, would it be
> desirable if we were neutral to that change.
>
> Brian

This seems an eminently sensible remark to make at this juncture: not to
replicate modelling and notational considerations from the level
below... and certainly not to adopt a syntactical convention that may be
bypassed by more fundamental changes elsewhere.

Can the whole namespace-attribute `decision' be reconstructed with
Brian's reference to XML namespace tying? Or are we determined to be
dogmatic about the actual syntax? Wouldn't that simplify our long search
for consensus?

--
Martyn Horner <martyn.horner@profium.com>
Profium (former name Pro Solutions), Les Espaces de Sophia,