Re: Test cases: format of input and output (uri/node/resource/entity too)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Jan Grant wrote:
> [...]
> > If everyone is happy (ie, has no objections on technical merits) then
> > I'd rather we just go ahead and use this.
>
> Er... I think the non-technical issues actually dominate, in this
> case. This is primarily a practical engineering decision.
>
> I agree that technically, i.e. in theory, we could use
> lots of things. But I don't agree to your proposal because
> it's not backed by running code.
>
> > I don't care if it'd be neater
> > to use {{% %}} brackets around things - we can debate this endlessly. If
> > someone out there has a preferred format that they've got a zillion test
> > cases in, speak now or forever hold your peace*.
>
> I have a preferred format that I have a zillion test cases in:
> RDF/notation3.
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2000/10/swap/test/
>
> I'm happy to discuss alternatives that are backed by running
> code.

Fine. How do I name anonymous "thing"s in n3? It wasn't on the WG
reading list :-)

If I can do that and there's a simple (ie, sed) transformation
between triple(s, p, o) and some well-defined subset of n3 then I'm
happy.

jan

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
HP-unix: Open Sauce product, available in 57 distributions.