Re: ISSUE: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Thursday, June 28, 2001, at 06:35  AM, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
> > In the current RDF specification (that we are chartered to
> > clarify), is this a purely syntactic issue, or does the "model"
> > also allow for anonymous resources?
>
> I think that's half the battle! My vote is for syntactic.

My understanding of 'anonymous resource' is that an RDF/XML file mentions,
but does not name by URI, some Web resource. I'm at a loss as to how this
could be merely XML-syntactic: if the information isn't in the XML file, it
isn't going to be accessible to parsers and consequently any RDF "model"
(aka graph... whatever...) generated by the RDF parser is also going to
mention but not name those same RDF resources.

Dan