Re: RDFCore Telecon Agenda 2001-06-29

Brian McBride wrote:

> Time:
>    10:00:00 Fri Jun 29 2001 in America/New_York

This meeting looks so well-prepared that I'll probably
attend to my other commitment at that time. Please
accept my regrets.

I hereby second the following proposals...

>  which according to:
>
>    http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
>
>  converts to:
>
>    15:00:00 Fri Jun 29 2001 in Europe/London
>    23:00:00 Fri Jun 29 2001 in Asia/Tokyo
>
>  Phone Number: +1 630 536 3003 room #3003
>
>  irc: irc.openprojects.net #rdfcore
>
> WELCOME, ROLL CALL, SCRIBE
>
> REVIEW AGENDA
>
> REVIEW MINUTES OF MEETING on 15th June 2001
>

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/att-0471/01-Minutes-20010615.txt
>
>  with the correction that action JUN-01-01-#1 was closed as per
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0477.html

I accept that as a true record.

> REVIEW MINUTES OF TELECON on 22nd June 2001
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0422.html
>
> with the correction that only Brian should be shown as chair as per
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0423.html
>
> and action JUN-01-01-#1 was closed in the previous meeting as per
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0477.html
>
> and action A4 was closed and discussion of the issue
> #rdfms-reification-required was postponed.

Looks good.

> CONFIRM FOLLOWING ACTIONS COMPLETED (1 min)
>
> ACTION: 2001-06-22#6: DanBri: start activating issues on RDFS
>
> REVIEW STATUS OF FOLLOWING ACTIONS (5 min)
>
> ACTION: JUN-01-01-#9: Ora: send a note to the WG that describes
>    how aboutEach is being used and how it was implemented
>
> ACTION: 2001-06-22#2: Brian: Write a draft on what issues are in scope,
>         how are they allocated to partitions, what are the dependencies.
>
> ACTION: 2001-06-22#3: All: Post issue priorities with reasons

Hmm... I suppose I owe something here. Apologies; no progress.

> ACTION: 2001-06-22#4: Sergey: Summarize priorities that are posted
>
> ACTION: 2001-06-22#5: DanBri: Get a draft of RDFSchema to the group.
>
> ACTION: 2001-06-22#7: Brian: Do a writeup of the containers proposal.
>
> ACTION  2001-06-08#2: Dan Brickley: write up decision to allow partial
>                       descriptions of containers up in more detail for the
>                       list
>
> ISSUE  rdf-containers-syntax-ambiguity, rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema
>        Brian McBride (10 mins)
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-containers-syntax-ambiguity
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking#rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema
>
> Resolve that the container specific productions (M&S Section 6, productions
> 6.25 to 6.31) and any references to them be removed from the grammar.
>
> Resolve that rdf:li elements will be translated to rdf:_nnn elements
> when they are found matching either a propertyElt (production 6.12) or a
> a typedNode (production 6.13).
>
> This change is made because:
>
>  o the container specific productions in the grammar are redundant and
>    add nothing to the language.
>
>  o The container specific productions fail to recognise subclasses of
>    container.
>
>  o The current specification is unclear about how to process rdf:li
>    elements which are not propertyElt's recognised within a container
>    specific  production.
>
> An advantage of the decision is that rdf:li elements can be used to
> number members of sub-classes of containers.
>
> There are test cases in:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema/
>
> This closes these issues.

Seconded.

> ISSUE rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about Aaron Swartz (10 mins)
>
> Consider Aaron's resulution in:
> http://www.blogspace.com/rdf/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/

Seconded. (I'm in support of any proposed improvements
to the wording that are acceptable
to Aaron and the chair.)

> ISSUE rdfms-aboutEach-on-object Steve (10 minutes)
>
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-aboutEach-on-object
>
> Consider Steve's summary in:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0386.html
>
> Decide whether to accept Steve's recommendation to disallow aboutEach
> on objects.

seconded.

> ISSUE rdfms-xml-base Owner Jan Grant (10 mins)
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-xml-base
>
> Discuss Jan's proposal in:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jun/0340.html

Hmm... I'm not sure I can support this one.
I'll try to say why in reply to that message...
if you don't hear futher from me, I abstain on this one.