Re: Model-specific identity for anon resources, and its representation: A new issue?

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> >> I tend to agree with this position. However, I would take it
> >> one step further -- I believe that these "uniquely generated
> >> resources" should have consistent, repeatably generated URIs.
> >> That is, all parsers should assign the same genid to the same
> >> resource.
> > Can you say why you want this?
>
> Sorry for the confusion, I'm having trouble expressing the last
> sentence. How about:
>
> "That is, all parsers should assign the same genids to the same
> anonymous resources in the same document."
>
> Or better, that all parsers generate the same triples for each
> document. This does a number of things:
>
>   - It gets the notion of anonymous resource out of the abstract syntax
>   - It makes parsers interchangeable
>   - It allows triples to be compared with a simple sort/diff

Not really, no. You _still_ are going to need anonymous resource
resolution/unification in there somewhere: for example, if you decide
that two documents (or the same documentat two different URLs) are
talking about the same things.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
I am now available for general use under a modified BSD licence.