Re: forest grammar/tree regular expression for RDF (fwd)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Dan Brickley wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Dan Connolly wrote:
> [...]
> > > As I say, I don't see any need to special-case
> > > rdf:Description in the grammar.
> >
> > If we take this reading of the syntax, then the presence of
> > rdf:Description asserts an rdf:type relationship between the described
> > resource and an rdfs:Class called rdf:Description.
>
> That's not what I meant; I don't think it's what I said,
> either.
>
> The question of what triples a document denotes once you've
> decided it matches the grammar is a whole other kettle of
> worms. Yes, in that part, we'd need an exception ala
>
> 	Don't emit a type arc if the element name is rdf:Description
>
> But that needn't gunk up the grammar.

OK, fair enough. I read you as suggesting this was just another typedNode,
with all the usual properties of a typed node, such as encoding claims
about rdf:types...

I read your "don't see any need to special-case rdf:Description in the grammar"
as "don't see any need to special-case rdf:Description in the syntax".

Dan