Re: nature of anon resource [was Re: log:forSome]

Frank wrote:
[...]
> "There exists a [resource] x such that name(x, Ora Lassila) and email(x,
> lassila@w3.org) and creator(http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila, x) and
> URI(x, http://www.w3.org/staffid/85740)
>
> which simply adds the additional piece of information.
>
> What I've just said is based on the interpretation of RDF as making
> statements in an EC logic;  but any quantification is *implicit* (so is
> the conjunction).  I think that's the only sense in which we have
> quantification in RDF.  We don't have *explicit* existential
> quantification (Sergey noted, and I agree, that this would be out of
> scope), and we don't have universal quantification in any form.

I think I agree with that, and we have experimented with
*implicit* existential quantification of N-triples at
http://vam969.roam.agfa.be/euler/index.html#26.078
and think that it might work...

e.g. for the N-triples in
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema/test001.nt

_:bag <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
      <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Bag> .

_:bag <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#_1> "1" .
_:bag <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#_2> "2" .

we now have the following (outside-core) N3

@prefix log: <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log#>.
this <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log#forSome>