Re: RDF/XML Syntax - reifying using XML attributes only

Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 21, 2001, at 11:21  AM, Dave Beckett wrote:
>
> > Pretty clearly when rdf:type is used as a property attribute, it is
> > defined to take a resource as a value (this is in the grammar).
>
> It is my opinion that since the grammar refers to an unprefixed
> 'type', and we have disallowed that irregularity, this
> irregularity should be removed also. It is likely that
> processors dealing with valid documents (i.e. prefixed with
> rdf:) will already be in line with recent RDF Core decisions. I
> think we should also remove the irregularity that causes type to
> correspond to a resource and not a literal, thus simplifying the
> grammmar, with little impact on backwards compatibility.

I regret to report that when I first implemented RDF syntax,
I completely missed this exception for rdf:type. My
XSL-based RDF parser does as Aaron suggests: treats
rdf:type just like any other propAttr.

  http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04rdf-parse/

lemme check sax2rdf... bad news; it gets rdf:type wrong too:

$ python2 ../cwm.py --rdf typeAttr.rdf --triples

<file:/home/connolly/w3ccvs/WWW/2000/10/swap/test/typeAttr.rdf#Animal>
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> "http://example/xyz" .

typeAttr.rdf:

<rdf:RDF
	xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">