Re: RDF/XML Syntax - reifying using XML attributes only

On Tuesday, August 21, 2001, at 11:21  AM, Dave Beckett wrote:

> Pretty clearly when rdf:type is used as a property attribute, it is
> defined to take a resource as a value (this is in the grammar).

It is my opinion that since the grammar refers to an unprefixed
'type', and we have disallowed that irregularity, this
irregularity should be removed also. It is likely that
processors dealing with valid documents (i.e. prefixed with
rdf:) will already be in line with recent RDF Core decisions. I
think we should also remove the irregularity that causes type to
correspond to a resource and not a literal, thus simplifying the
grammmar, with little impact on backwards compatibility.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>