RE: Relative URI for Detached Signatures

Hello Thomas,

Infomosaic SecureXML Digital Signature allows detached signatures to be
created and simply keeps the file name (excluding the path) as the URI
attribute of the <Reference> element.
During signature verification, you can set the path to the actual file by
setting an object property. You can try to verify the attached signed file
by saving both the word and the xml files to disk and pointing your browser
to http://www.infomosaic.net/XMLVerify.asp (you would need to install the
SecureXML trial software on your computer first, which you can get by
visiting http://www.infomosaic.net/TrialLicense.htm).

The supreme court of Canada is using SecureXML in the above fashion for
their e-filing application as the documents being signed are sometimes
larger than 450 MB in size.
Another feature of SecureXML which comes handy for such large files is the
ability to calculate the digest on the server and simply have the digest
signed on the client machine.

Hope the above helps. If you need additional information, please let me
know.

Best Regards,
Manoj

  _____