Re: XAdES - More secure than XML Dsig?

         A novice question. Pardon me if it is obvious.
What is the need for signing the X509 certificate.
Since each certificate contains a signature of its
contents, which is validated by the next level Cert,
until  a self signed Cert is met. And the root Cert
(self signed) is not trusted unless the receiver has
that certificate in his/her cert store already.

         Even if the Certs are signed, by a reference,
its still not secure until a trusted Cert (present in
Cert store) is present in the Cert chain, isnt it. As
long Cert validation happens, the contents is not
trustable isnt it. And Cert validation is a prerequisite,
and independent of the authenticating of the message
received, isnt it.

thanks
Joseph