Re: QUESTIONS ?

--On Dienstag, 16. Juli 2002 18:16 +0200 Orfant Orfanter
<orfant@kki.net.pl> wrote:

> Jacques DEMERJIAN wrote:
>> My questions are:
>>
>> 1-the "signature value" represented in the xml signature isn't PKCS#7
>> "binary format "?
>
> It is not. You sign a digest of a xml structure containing digests of
> documents you want to sign. This signature value is then included in
> <SignatureValue> in the xml-signature file.

Yes, and this value is the base64 encoded representation of one (in case of
RSA) or two (in case of DSA) integers. These integer values are 1:1 written
to the signature value (the spec describes exactly in the DSA section how
the both integer values are prepared into a single octet sequence).

>> 2-Where is the time-stamp "horodatage" ,it exist?
>
> I've got the same question - how to include, in a standard way, a time
> stamp in the CMS format? As a SignatureProperty, or what? Or maybe there
> is some XML time-stamp specification?

The W3 did not (yet?) create a spec how timestamps (or other extensions)
have to be used in conjunction with XML Signature (guess that XKMS uses
sort of timestamps internally). The european ETSI did create a spec how to
create qualified signatures using XML:

2001-09-25: Standard ETSI TS 101 203 - XML Advanced Electronic Signatures
(XAdES) <http://portal.etsi.org/sec/el-sign.asp> by cruellas@ac.upc.es.
This draft standard specifies the XML format for Advanced Electronic
Signatures satisfying the requirements defined in the European Directive
for Electronic Signatures, and with long term validity. The standard can be
found in STF178Task3Draft.pdf
<http://portal.etsi.org/sec/STF178Task3Draft.pdf>.

Christian