Re: Provokant proposal on Exclusive C14n

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 03:46 am, Christian Geuer-Pollmann wrote:
> Provokant proposal: If the PR-Status of exclC14n allows this
> (substantial) change, I want to propagate to canonicalize document
> subsets as follows:

Hi Christian, while I appreciate your proposal I agree with all the points
Merlin made, and these changes would be outside the scope of fixes from
PR->REC. Even now, I will have to present the argument that the changes we
made during PR did not affect any results that we previously considered
correct: they were necessary clarifications to what we intuitively knew we
wanted to do, but the spec wasn't clear on. Your changes I think are
substantive, I'd want to sit in CR a little while and spend more time on a
new interop matrix before we were confident we had a shared and consistent
understanding of it.