Re: Provokant proposal on Exclusive C14n

>> Christian Geuer-Pollmann wrote:
>>
>> Right. What I suggest is to include ALL namespace nodes (not the ones
>> from the DOM model but the ones from the XPath model). Every namespace
>> node in an ancestor should effect the current node, not only the
>> namespaces nodes whose owner element is in the document subset.
>>

> On Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2002 01:42 -0700 Aleksey Sanin <aleksey@aleksey.com>
wrote:
> Yes, I agree with this. But I do not like the case
> when we have following document
>
>     <foo:Something xmlns:foo="http://example.org/foo">
>         <bar:Something xmlns:bar="http://example.org/bar" />
>     </foo:Something>
>
> the XPath expression looks like
>
>     self::bar:Something
>
> and the canonicalized output looks like
>
>     xmlns:foo="http://example.org/foo"
>         <bar:Something xmlns:bar="http://example.org/bar"
> xmlns:foo="http://example.org/foo" />     From my point of view it should
> look have *only* <bar:Somehting />
>
>         <bar:Something xmlns:bar="http://example.org/bar" />
>
> So the suggestion is to include all visibly utilized namespace nodes and
> simply do not check namespace nodes for presence in the input nodes set.
>
> Aleksey.

Uuh, it becomes complicated ;-)) I agree on what you say:

If we do 'enforce' that all (relevant) changes in namespace-space become
visible in the elements where (1) the namespace is utilized or (2) the
namespace is in the IncusiveNamespaces.PrefixList and 'changes' it's value,
there's no need to output a namespace attribute if the owner element is
omitted from the document subset.

I would say: If the owner element (parent?) of a namespace node is not in
the document subset, the namespace node is not output.

Regards,
Christian

PS: Yesterday, I asked Merlin (not via list) the following: