Re: Suggested additions to 3.0 Processing Rules section

At 11:28 7/11/2001, Donald Eastlake wrote:
>Regardless of how things come out with what we recommend
>for base64, I suggest the addition of some material in
>3.2 Core Validation as show in the attachment.

Don,

Instead of repeatedly spreading it out, it's not text as the top of the
validation section:

http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html#sec-CoreValidation
revision: 1.103
>3.2 Core Validation
>Comparison of values in reference and signature validation
>are over the numeric or decoded octet sequence of the value.
>Different implementations may produce different encoded digest and
>signature values when processing the same resources because of
>variances in their encoding, such as accidental white space.

However, what do you mean by numeric *or* decoded octet?