RE: DName encoding (was:KeyName white space)

Joseph,

I have just read the text you have added to the current draft, and I
would like to propose the following changes:

  1. Change the first sentence to:

       "Also, strings in DNames (X509IssuerSerial, X509SubjectName,
        and KeyName if appropriate) should be encoded as follows:"

     This is because the encoding does not apply to the whole DName,
     but only to string values within a DName.

  2. Escaping of ASCII control characters should happen by replacing
     them with "\" (instead of "\x" in the current draft - this
     is an error adopted from my proposal text) followed by ...

Liebe Gruesse/Regards,
DI Gregor Karlinger
mailto:gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
http://www.iaik.at