Re: 3.2.1 Reference Validation - Section has been confused with Signa ture Validation

Hi Jared, thank you for your comments. My comments are on:
        http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html#sec-Processing
At 12:36 5/24/2001, Jared Jonas wrote:
>Step 1 and the "Note" should be moved to section 3.2.2.

Why? This is there because of "See What You Sign" and to do the Reference
validation, you need to make sure you are validating the references as they
were signed.

>The reference to "SignedInfo" in step 4 should be removed.

You mean "the SignedInfo Reference"?

>I recommend that a new step be added to state the necessary application of
>any Transforms included in the Reference.

3.2.1 step 2 says, "Obtain the data object to be digested. (The signature
application may rely upon the identification (URI) and Transforms provided
by the signer"