Re: KeyName white space

I don't think I completely understand the problem yet. Is this to say that

1. the content model for KeyName should be precluded from having a
white-space as the first or last character? (Not sure if this is possible
using XML Schema patterns [1] since they don't support ^ and $.)
2. That a processor will not have those white spaces available to them?
(What happens if people want to use generic xml tools like query or XPath
where the whitespace is preserved/important)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#element-pattern

At 22:18 5/14/2001 +0100, merlin wrote:
>Agreed. DNames already have this property (from RFC 2253 I think),
>and I believe so do base-64 coded data as well as integers, so
>this would unify pretty much all of our text handling.
>
>merlin
>
>r/dee3@torque.pothole.com/2001.05.14/14:35:23
> >Hi,
> >
> >Some questions have arisen about in the XML Encryption activity the
> >handling of white space in the content of the KeyName element. There
> >was substantial feeling there that leading and trailing whitespace
> >should be stripped from KeyName content.  I think this would be an
> >improvement but since it is in the XMLDSIG namespace, this list is
> >the right place for discussion.  What do others think?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Donald
> >=====================================================================
> > Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      dee3@torque.pothole.com
> > 155 Beaver Street                                +1 508-634-2066(h)
> > Milford, MA 01757 USA                            +1 508-261-5434(w)

>Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
>direct,  special,  indirect
>or consequential  damages  arising  from  alteration of  the contents of this
>message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.
>
>In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
>promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
>appearance at trade shows and conferences.
>
>This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by
>Baltimore MIMEsweeper for Content Security threats, including
>computer viruses.
>    http://www.baltimore.com

__