Re: KeyInfo type URIs

At 10:59 4/10/2001 +0100, merlin wrote:
>Following up to, and changing, my opinion:

Merlin, I' agree, and I've done this a few times myself (starting tweaking
the document on this note to improve it, then confusing myself!). But I
think your suggestion of needing different URIs for the algorithm versus
their structure is an improvement.

>Technically, the DSA and RSA types are |KeyValue| types,
>not |KeyInfo| types. I would suggest that we move all
>the text for RSA and DSA down to just above the text
>for &dsig;rawX509Certificate and there state that the
>RSA and DSA |KeyValue| structures may appear as the
>target of a |RetrievalMethodType| identified by the
>URIs:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#DSAKeyValue
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#RSAKeyValue

Ok, if I understand, you are suggesting:
1. We keep the &dsig;dsa-sha1 and &dsig;rsa-sha1 algorithm identifiers.
2. We create section 4.4.2.1 and 4.4.2.2 for a DSA and RSA key values, and
give them their own URIs.
3. How much of section 6.4.1 and 6.4.2 do we move up in 4.4.2? Everything
after the example SignatureMethod?

__