RE: Xpath transform changes and questions

I was referring to the XML Sig spec section 6.6.3.4: "If the result of the
XPath expression is a node-set, then the XPath transform output is the
string result of calling serialize() on the node-set."

So as a user I don't have to call serialize() every time myself, it gets
invoked automatically if my expression returns a nodeset.  Or am I missing
something?