Re: Difficulties with URI="" and IDREF

John Boyer wrote:

> Also, IDREF is usually used in conjunction with URI="".  URI="" is
supposed
> to indicate the root of *this* document, but there is still not enough

> information to tell us how to generate the byte stream that will be
> digested.  Fortunately, URI="" cannot be used alone since such a
signature
> would break as soon as the signature value is added to the document.
URI=""
> must be used in conjunction with either IDREF or an XPath transform.

Either that or it is core behavior to omit the contents of
SignatureValue in
that case.
The spec should define that, but I can't find anything about it in [1],
neither
in sec. 2.3/3.3.3 nor 6., or have I missed it?

Btw two minor editing points:

1. sec. 2.3 defines URI/IDREF as exclusive alternatives

   <Reference (URI=|IDREF=)? Type=?>

in contrast to sec. 3.3.3

2. DTD in sec. 3.3.3. still uses 'ObjectReference'.

Andreas

[1] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/WD-xmldsig-core-20000104/