Re: Last Call Comment: Canonicalization

At 17:08 00/03/26 +0300, Juha Pääjärvi wrote:
 >draft. But I think that there should be a lightweight alternative for XML
 >c14n because c14n is limited to complete documents, needs a DTD or a
 >schema and is unnecessarily complicated for many applications.

I think it's pretty clear we are going to have to address how to serialize
(c14n) XML fragments. If we went with Gregor's proposal [1], we might not
need your intermediate level.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000JanMar/0156.html

__

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000JanMar/0256.html