Re: ACL: DAV:privilege element - multiple child elements?

On 07.06.2010 16:18, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>>> "ANY" technically implies one or more child elements. However, all
>>> examples in 3744 have just a single child. It has been my assumption
>>> that only one child is allowed. However, I recently came across a server
>>> that is returning multiple child elements. So what is, or is not,
>>> allowed here?
>>
>> The spec really doesn't say.
>>
>> On the other hand, the intent is pretty clear, because in the cases where
>> multiple privileges can be listed, it's the *parent* element that would
>> occur multiple times.
>
> Can you add a comment to your ACL spec update work to clarify this? I
> think some text for the two (yes there are two) DAV:privilege
> definitions making it clear that there is only one child would be good.
> Either that or the definition of DAV:privilege is given its own section
> with appropriate description of its content.

For now, I just added the issue.

To actually make a change we need some sort of consensus over here.

Would people be ok to consider this a clarification, and just to add a
comment to the DTD, such as

   <!ELEMENT privilege ANY>
   <!-- contains exactly one child element, identifying the privilege -->

?

In particular, you wrote you saw the "other" behaviour in the wild. Are
the developers aware of this issue, or even on this list? Are they
willing to change their implementation?

Best regards, Julian