Re: Comments on Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-03

Note that versioning servers without working copies often still require a
checkout/checkin protocol.
The "checkout" method is used as a notification to other users that this
client is working on that resource.
The "checkin" method is used to tell the server "I want you to create a
new version with the current content" (while a PUT just updates the
current content without creating a new version).