Re: [VCARDDAV] Pseudo-properties in reports, was: vcarddav WGLC on draft-ietf-vcarddav-{carddav, mkcol}

Hi Arnaud,

--On March 17, 2009 4:37:54 PM +0100 Arnaud Quillaud
<Arnaud.Quillaud@Sun.COM> wrote:

>> Well, it *is* confusing for people who haven't implemented CalDAV, but
>> other WebDAV extensions, such as SEARCH (which successfully avoided
>> overloading properties).
> My feeling is that there are many more clients/servers doing CalDAV +
> CardDAV than clients/server doing CardDAV + SEARCH but of course I have
> no numbers to back that statement.

I will have this as an open issue for discussion at the meeting next week.

My preference is to leave it as-is. Having done implementations of this
(probably over half-a-dozen different varieties of clients/servers CardDAV
and CalDAV) I really see no problem with the pseudo property - including
starting with a base WebDAV implementation.

--
Cyrus Daboo