RE: getting WebDAV SEARCH ready for the IESG

I think that would be worthwhile, but need not muddy these discussions.

-John

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 10:44 AM
To: John Barone
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: Re: getting WebDAV SEARCH ready for the IESG

John Barone wrote:
> Another comment on this; there doesn't seem to be any discussion about

> issuing a SEARCH and limiting on multi-valued properties, in the
WHERE.
> Is this beyond the scope of this particular draft, or is this treated
> in some other specification/draft?
>
> Regards,
>
> -John

Short answer: out of scope.

Long answer: this requires a common understanding of what multivalued
properties are, and how they are serialized.

A proposal was contained in a draft of what later was published as RFC
4316, see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatype
s-06.html#rfc.section.A>.
Back when we discussed this, there was a preference of keeping things
simple, and so it was removed from subsequent drafts.

That being said, I know that the proposal was implemented both by SAP
and Xythos (although likely in different namespaces). I would be happy
to resurrect that part of the spec as a separate activity, but today I
wouldn't be able to update the SAP implementation anymore.

BR, Julian

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying,
re-distribution or other use of any of this information is strictly
prohibited.  Please immediately notify the sender and delete this
transmission if you received this email in error.