Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

Helge wrote:
 > BTW: I do not even agree that it is invalid to return 501 in response
 > to MKCOL. For me a requirement to support MKCOL just means that the
 > server knows what implementing MKCOL implies according to WebDAV,
 > that it expects to receive a MKCOL request and can then respond with
 > any valid HTTP code (given that WebDAV is a strict HTTP superset).
 > But that is just how I read the combination of the specs.

So support for MKCOL means the ability to reject every MKCOL-request
with "any valid HTTP code".
Julian is right: I live in another world.

And this is what RFC 2616 says about 501:

   10.5.2 501 Not Implemented

   The server does not support the functionality required to fulfill the
   request. This is the appropriate response when the server does not
   recognize the request method and is not capable of supporting it for
   any resource.

Werner