Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

On 25.05.2008, at 22:08, Werner Baumann wrote:
> Fooling older clients, by using protocol elements in a way, that
> clearly contradicts the specification (and that's what we are
> talking about)

Thats what _you_ are talking about ("clearly contradicts the
specification"?!). So far I have seen no one who supports your
arguments.
(though please, there is no need to reiterate your claims, I think
everyone understood what your position is)

BTW: I do not even agree that it is invalid to return 501 in response
to MKCOL. For me a requirement to support MKCOL just means that the
server knows what implementing MKCOL implies according to WebDAV, that
it expects to receive a MKCOL request and can then respond with any
valid HTTP code (given that WebDAV is a strict HTTP superset).
But that is just how I read the combination of the specs.

Thanks,
   Helge