Re: Thoughts on relation to WebDAV

On 24.05.2008, at 18:44, Julian Reschke wrote:
> The problem arises when clients use in-band information for the
> wrong purpose; for instance refuse to use PROPFIND, just because
> OPTIONS doesn't return a DAV header.

I was wondering about that. I think the issue is that PROPFIND is only
defined by the WebDAV RFC. Just having an Allow: PROPFIND doesn't
necessarily imply that its the PROPFIND method with the payload as
specified in WebDAV?

Hm, maybe we really need WebDAV level -1, which just specifies
PROPFIND? :-)
I think it really doesn't matter for interoperability in the real
world though.

Greets,
   Helge