redux: email-over-webDAV-as-IMAP-replacement [WAS Re: RFC2518bis]

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 20:35 +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:

<snip>

> That being said I *do* agree with the decision to close the working
> group, as the previous years have clearly shown that the WG's
> productivity wasn't as good as it should have been.
>
> Looking forward to submitting SEARCH and BIND, and then to go on working
> on RFC2518bisbis, RFC3253bis and RFC3744bis as private submissions.

about nine months ago, i posted about using email over web dav as an
IMAP replacement
(http://www.nabble.com/email-over-webDAV-as-IMAP-replacement--tf1897019.html#a5208546).
  i received helpful and friendly replies.

i'm still interested in this area (and have found that there are other
people also interested in this problem). i had hoped to come back to
this group with questions once i had an experimental client and server
coded. (realistically, this would be a few months off.)

in light of the pending closure of this working group, does anyone have
updated advice for me?

- robert