Re: CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

Hm.

It strikes me as a particularly bad idea to last-call a draft that
builds on top of RFC2518, while, at the same time, RFC2518bis is last
called.

Reasons:

- you will likely have to update the spec to refer to rfc2518bis instead
anyway, and this frequently is more work than just updating a single
reference (in particular, the stuff about ETags in section 5.3.4 is
partly in conflict with RFC2616, and likely to be in conflict with the
separate document about ETag handling in HTTP the IETF has decided to
produce).

- the group of people who can give constructive feedback to CalDAV
definitively overlaps with those who can review RFC2518bis.

Therefore I strongly suggest not to last-call anything WebDAV related
before RFC2518bis' last call has ended.

Best regards, Julian