Re: This Document Defines Two Namespaces (was Re: Combined set of issues ...)

On 10/30/05 3:38 AM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:

> Lisa Dusseault wrote:
>> Combining that with the text already in that section I propose:
>>
>>    WebDAV uses XML-based identifiers with XML namespaces.
>>    The use of XML namespaces means that unique WebDAV property names
>>    and XML elements can be quickly defined by any WebDAV user or
>>    application, without requiring IANA action.
>>     The property names and XML elements in this specification
>>     are all in the "DAV:" namespace.  Creation of identifiers
>>     in the "DAV:" namespace is controlled by the IETF.
>
> Could you please post the complete section? I'm not sure where this text
> is supposed to be added, or whether it replaces something that is
> already there.
>
> Best regards, Julian

Julian, in the above paragraph, if we replaced '"DAV:" namespace' with
something like '"DAV:" namespace hierarchy' would that be correct? I don't
know how to say this by do you have some text that you think would correctly
say the essence of what the above paragraph is trying to get at?