Re: Bugzilla issue 10, was: Plan to resolve issues in 2518bis

Lisa,

Based on my reading of the book "Effective XML"
(http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/effectivexml/)

Item 10: White space matters

  WebDAV servers should preserve the white spaces
  when the attribute "xml:space" is set to "preserve".
  Else, if "xml:space" is not set or set to "default"
  "the application may treat white spaces in the
  element in whatever fashion is customary for that
  application".

Item 21: Rely on namespace URIs, not prefixes

  A WebDAV server should be allowed to change any
  namespace prefix.  "It's the URI that counts,
  not the prefix".

BTW, I highly recommend reading "Effective XML" to
anyone that works with XML.

Cheers,
Bernard