Re: BIND and live property value consistency

Sure; how about this?  The general requirement and specific requirement
don't have to be in the same place in the document so I've called them out
separately.

General requirement: "All live properties defined in RFC2518 MUST have the
same value across all bindings to the same resource. "

Specific: "The DAV:getlastmodified property MUST change when the
underlying resource body is altered.  The property value MUST NOT change
when a new binding to the resource is created or when a binding to the
resource is removed.  If a collection has a DAV:getlastmodified property
then its value SHOULD change whenever its set of bindings changes
(including new bindings, removed bindings or bindings where the name or
target changes).  "

I'm sure this could use some tweaking, but this is the general idea.  With
these requirements the property continues to behave the way that it would
before bindings, tied to the HTTP header and all.  A client that is
unaware that bindings exist would not find any unusual behavior as a
result of these requirements -- a PUT would still update the last modified
stamp, and creation or deletion of a binding elsewhere (an event
unnoticeable by a client that doesn't support bindings) wouldn't
surprisingly change the value.

Lisa